14 December 2011

A Wild Ride -- Week Ending 17 Dec

That's it! We've finished our first semester of grad school in the EAE:MGS. This last week has been busy with all sorts of wrap-ups, but finishing our final prototype game was actually the smoothest part of the ride. Because we had planned a game with a scope that fit our time frame, we were able to schedule the heavy development during the previous weeks and leave polish for the last stretch. And it actually worked! The team came together and made something special, and the reaction of our clients to our presentation validated our efforts over the past 3-1/2 weeks. I've said enough throughout the semester, so I'll quickly just list the final few tasks I completed this week:

- Playtested and suggested tweaks and iterations to the mechanics
- Recorded and edited a few more sound effects to add charm to the game
- Created and delivered the bulk of the presentation to our clients
- Finished off the Scrum sheet and blogs
- Produced the trailer and compiled the wrap kit

What a ride. It's been a crazy four months, but it has been the best academic experience of my life. I've learned exactly what I was hoping to learn, and more. I'm stoked to get started on an incredible thesis! See you next semester!

- Troy

No comments:

Post a Comment