24 October 2011

Coming Together -- Week Ending 22 Oct

The project was successful, as far as I can tell. We got our product finished on time, it had the features necessary to fulfill our assignment from our client, and it had a polished aesthetic (especially for a prototype).

Beyond that, the presentation also turned out about as well as I could have hoped. My "Troy Challenge" was to present the game without the use of text in my slides. By only using images, I was able to free myself from simply describing the features of the game in long-winded fashion. I managed to do a lot more "showing" what the game was than "telling," and that definitely played greatly to the team's benefit. As a team, we were all quite pleased with the results!

My personal tasks for the week (plus Fall Break) were as follows:

- Led the team meetings to ensure we were on track for our deadline
- Updated the Sprints and blogs, as usual
- Designed specifically how the market feature should be implemented to complete the game
- Created the prototype presentation
- Gave the presentation
- Held and compiled the post-mortem
- Collected and archived all assets and pieces of the game to create the wrap kit

I'm almost disappointed that this projects is ending because it has run so smoothly. Kamron, Chris, and Ashley were awesome team members. They were all hard, willing workers, and it was because of each of their efforts that the game came together.

- Troy

No comments:

Post a Comment